Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my charger light

My charger light is solid Orange on my new MacBook Pro.

Why?

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 6:30 AM

The light will be orange when it is charging your MacBook Pro. It will glow orange if you have optimized battery charging enabled and the MBP is plugged in, but the battery percentage is maintained at the optimal charge of 80%. The light only glows green when the charge is 100%.

If you have your device plugged in, let it do its thing and don't worry about the MagSafe charging light. Your MBP has a very smart battery/charging management system, which takes care of everything for you, without the need to worry.

I leave my MBP plugged in to charge 100% of the time. Most of the time, my charging plug is glowing orange and my battery percentage maintained at 80%.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 6:30 AM in response to 3KC

The light will be orange when it is charging your MacBook Pro. It will glow orange if you have optimized battery charging enabled and the MBP is plugged in, but the battery percentage is maintained at the optimal charge of 80%. The light only glows green when the charge is 100%.

If you have your device plugged in, let it do its thing and don't worry about the MagSafe charging light. Your MBP has a very smart battery/charging management system, which takes care of everything for you, without the need to worry.

I leave my MBP plugged in to charge 100% of the time. Most of the time, my charging plug is glowing orange and my battery percentage maintained at 80%.

Jul 1, 2022 6:31 AM in response to 3KC

Hi,

It's normal if your MacBook Pro is charging the battery.

If it's full of charged the battery, try to check your battery and charger with Apple Diagnostics if it reports battery or charger related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

if it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Pro and charger to your local retail AppleStore Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to check your batter and charger.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations

my charger light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.