Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split screen

Why is my split screen not working ? When i try to drag an app from the dock while opening an app. the app that i opened from the dock is the only one that works.

and i cannot use the other app unless i remove the other app

i saw people saying that it works on ios 11 but i have ios 12.5 on my ipad mini 2

please i need an answer

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 8:06 AM

iPad mini2 does not support full multitasking capabilities - or Split screen.

The first generation iPad Air, iPad mini2 and mini3 can only be updated to iOS 12.5.5.

Apple ended major update support for these models of iPad in September 2019 - although they continued to receive “point” security updates until late last year. These devices cannot be updated to iPadOS 13 (or any later major versions of iPadOS) as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements (CPU and RAM) for newer versions of iOS/iPadOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 8:06 AM in response to venice242

iPad mini2 does not support full multitasking capabilities - or Split screen.

The first generation iPad Air, iPad mini2 and mini3 can only be updated to iOS 12.5.5.

Apple ended major update support for these models of iPad in September 2019 - although they continued to receive “point” security updates until late last year. These devices cannot be updated to iPadOS 13 (or any later major versions of iPadOS) as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements (CPU and RAM) for newer versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Split screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.