Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have android. I set up my kids IPhone`s and now they cannot buy anything because i cannot approve the purchase thorugh Ask To Buy. I am frustrated becasue no where in the setup process does Apple tell you that you must be an IPhone user for this

I set up my daughters IPhone, I switched from IPhone to Android a while back because it interfaced with my work life better. When setting up my daughters new phone it asked me if I wanted the Ask To Buy feature turned on, and I selected yes, I have an Apple ID from back in the day and used that ID to set it up. Unfortunately i cannot control anything on her phone through ICloud or Itunes now, and cannot approve any purchase requests. This is pretty frustrating as I don`t own any Apple devices personally. Is there anything I can do to help them actually use their phones? I am at a loss and my kids now have very expensive phones that can only browse safari, and not download anything from ITunes given the current situation.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 6:01 PM

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

I have android. I set up my kids IPhone`s and now they cannot buy anything because i cannot approve the purchase thorugh Ask To Buy. I am frustrated becasue no where in the setup process does Apple tell you that you must be an IPhone user for this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.