Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Connection Issues

How's it going people! I have an issue with FaceTime that I've been getting for a while, and I wanted to share it with people, maybe get a discussion with fixes or if people experience the same thing.

I call my s/o almost every day on FaceTime from my iPhone, MacBook Air, iPad Pro, etc. And there will always be calling issues and I have not found a way to remedy it. Here's the things I've noticed:

Calls Not Connecting to The Other Person

• Calling them will ring and end up failing. But it turns out they never got a ring. Checking Recents will show no call log entry on my device. (Vice versa.)
  • Calling them will connect immediately, however the other person never connected and aren't on any device. This will show "Connecting..." for a few seconds before showing their name and their icon being initials for a minute or so. Eventually it just hangs up, and the call will work following.
  • Calling them will ring indefinitely, and the other person's device will not get a ring.

Calls Do Connect, But Cause Issues...

• The call connects, however one person will get working video and audio and the other person can't send audio or video. This will continue until someone hangs up.
  • Using SharePlay will crash the call immediately.
  • Ending Screen Sharing via SharePlay will give a triangle on both ends, audio still works even if the video doesn't work.

There's many more that I can't think of cause I don't experience them as often or they've likely been fixed since then. I've been considering resetting all my devices. Maybe this might fix it? Please let me know if through someone's extensive FaceTime use since iOS 15's release, have they experienced the same thing?

Thanks, and have a great day! ☀️

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 10:47 AM

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime.  *

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.   *

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone   *

Restart your iPad.   *

Try a forced restart. See the section towards the end of the article.

Reset Device. -

If necessary

Hard reset.     -

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from the backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

Restore - If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.   *

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.     *

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 10:47 AM in response to LgnVcell

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime.  *

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.   *

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone   *

Restart your iPad.   *

Try a forced restart. See the section towards the end of the article.

Reset Device. -

If necessary

Hard reset.     -

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from the backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

Restore - If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.   *

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.     *

FaceTime Connection Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.