Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not update Application In App Store

I logged to my phone with my apple ID , but when I update any App, my phone requirement password from old Apple ID of previous person.

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 3:59 AM

Hi Namnguyen2303,

The most likely reason to this problem may be that your iPhone's iCloud service may be logged in with the account you do not want to use for the App Store, while your iPhone is logged in with your preferred iCloud account. Here is how to change your App Store's Apple ID information.

Using an iPhone and iPad

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Tap your name, to open your Apple ID's information - This should be the bubble shown at the top as soon as opening the app
  3. Scroll down and open Media and Purchases
  4. Press View Account and check if your Apple ID is correct. If the Apple ID is correct and you still can't download from the App Store, skip ahead to step 9
  5. If your Apple is incorrect, press done
  6. Re-open Media and Purchases
  7. Tap Sign Out
  8. You will be prompted with a notification asking "Are you sure?" If you are ready to proceed, press sign out and sign in again by tapping Media and Purchases
  9. If you still can't download and update apps from the App Store, try Restarting your Device, then double-check if you can download or update apps on the App Store. If you still can't download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad, contact Apple Support

Hope this helps,

~Mo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 3:59 AM in response to Namnguyen2303

Hi Namnguyen2303,

The most likely reason to this problem may be that your iPhone's iCloud service may be logged in with the account you do not want to use for the App Store, while your iPhone is logged in with your preferred iCloud account. Here is how to change your App Store's Apple ID information.

Using an iPhone and iPad

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Tap your name, to open your Apple ID's information - This should be the bubble shown at the top as soon as opening the app
  3. Scroll down and open Media and Purchases
  4. Press View Account and check if your Apple ID is correct. If the Apple ID is correct and you still can't download from the App Store, skip ahead to step 9
  5. If your Apple is incorrect, press done
  6. Re-open Media and Purchases
  7. Tap Sign Out
  8. You will be prompted with a notification asking "Are you sure?" If you are ready to proceed, press sign out and sign in again by tapping Media and Purchases
  9. If you still can't download and update apps from the App Store, try Restarting your Device, then double-check if you can download or update apps on the App Store. If you still can't download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad, contact Apple Support

Hope this helps,

~Mo

Can not update Application In App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.