Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone13 pro -Dropped calls, but the update 15.1.1 is not availabe??

I have been researching why my NEW iphone13 pro continues to drop calls. I've done everything suggested, except download the update ISO 15.1.1 as it is not available. From what I read, this is the update needed to fix the problem, so why isn't it available? I have an elderly mother that I am responsible for and when she tries to call me, my phone drops the call every single time! This is absolutely unacceptable. This is a matter of life and death and honestly if this update will fix the problem, please release it to everyone ASAP!

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 7:30 AM

If your iPhone is eligible for an update, you can check by reading this Apple article:

iPhone models compatible with iOS 15

iPhone models compatible with iOS 15.5 – Apple Support (UK)

Then go to: Settings -> General -> Software Update

See the following Apple articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

You can do the update via PC, see this Apple article: Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC – Apple Support (UK)

If you have a Mac see this Apple article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

You need about 7 GB device storage and good Service & Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

my phone drops the call every single time!

See this Apple article: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

For sure you need to call / visit your carrier.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 7:30 AM in response to Angiebix

If your iPhone is eligible for an update, you can check by reading this Apple article:

iPhone models compatible with iOS 15

iPhone models compatible with iOS 15.5 – Apple Support (UK)

Then go to: Settings -> General -> Software Update

See the following Apple articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

You can do the update via PC, see this Apple article: Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC – Apple Support (UK)

If you have a Mac see this Apple article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

You need about 7 GB device storage and good Service & Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

my phone drops the call every single time!

See this Apple article: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

For sure you need to call / visit your carrier.

Jul 8, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Angiebix

Angiebix wrote:

I have been researching why my NEW iphone13 pro continues to drop calls. I've done everything suggested, except download the update ISO 15.1.1 as it is not available.

It's not available because it has been superseded by a number of subsequent updates. The current version of iOS is 15.5. It contains all of the fixes from previous updates so, if you're still on a version that is earlier than 15.1.1, updating to iOS 15.5 will include any bug fixes you have missed.

Jul 8, 2022 9:45 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I am using version 15.5, but I can't talk for more than 15 seconds because every single call is dropped. This is unacceptable! The only fix that works is resetting the network settings every other day, then it works for a day or two, then I have to reset it again. And I know that it is not just my phone. This is a big problem and I am very dissatisfied. I need a working phone. I can't even call an emergency services without getting disconnected! I had to call an abulance for my mother, and after three attempts, I had to run to my neighbors house to use their phone! I've deleted 70% of my apps, removed and reinstalled the sims card, turned off my phone and reset my network settings, and it continues to drop calls. I've had this phone for two weeks. Please make this right!

Jul 8, 2022 10:17 AM in response to KiltedTim

The same was happening to my iphone 11, which is why I decided to update to an iphone13 pro. But I know of others with the iphone 13pro, who have different carriers and they are expereinceing the same issue. Apple is aware of this and needs to fix it! I have been a valued and LOYAL customer for years with Apple, But this is beyond poor customer service when the product is having this serious issue. I've read other questions of others who are experiencing the same issue. Fix it!

iPhone13 pro -Dropped calls, but the update 15.1.1 is not availabe??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.