Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to forward/ email articles using ipad

Has anyone discovered a fix for this? It was never a problem before.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 8:32 PM

Syyyddle Said:

"Unable to forward/ email articles using Ipad: Has anyone discovered a fix for this? It was never a problem before."

-------

Troubleshooting in-App Options:

Three things...

A. Start with a Force Restart:

See if you no longer get this error, once you for restart you iPhone, and then open it once more. Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

B. Reinstall this:

If this have has been deleted the, and then re-download it. You'll likely find it in the App Store.

No Success?...

C. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If widgets are not working as they should or have gone missing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 8:32 PM in response to Syyyddle

Syyyddle Said:

"Unable to forward/ email articles using Ipad: Has anyone discovered a fix for this? It was never a problem before."

-------

Troubleshooting in-App Options:

Three things...

A. Start with a Force Restart:

See if you no longer get this error, once you for restart you iPhone, and then open it once more. Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

B. Reinstall this:

If this have has been deleted the, and then re-download it. You'll likely find it in the App Store.

No Success?...

C. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

If widgets are not working as they should or have gone missing somehow, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

Jul 10, 2022 5:54 AM in response to Syyyddle

Syyyddle Said:

"Unable to forward/ email articles using Ipad: I use Safari and it can be any news feed, article, photo.

———-

Getting a URL:

Don’t have the feed’s URL? Look in Safari’s history. Then select the link from the address bar. Finally, copy and paste it from the search bar. The link should pop up by title or URL, depending on your settings.

Jul 10, 2022 4:12 AM in response to Syyyddle

I will try these suggestions. There was a previous feed on this issue where numerous people were having the same issue. I used to be able to forward any article I was reading by clicking on the square with an arrow icon and putting in an email address and sending it. No problem. Now a “draft” comes up and it indicates it is “loading” and nothing happens. It just sits there loading. I have my software up to date as far as I know.

Jul 9, 2022 8:20 PM in response to Syyyddle

Please tell us more.

What kind of articles? From the News app? From some magazine or newspaper app? From a webpage in a browser?

When you say "unable to forward/email", what happens? Do you get any error message? Distortion? Error sounds?

What else has changed since it last worked? Have you installed any new software?

What model iPad do you have, and what version of the system does it run?

Unable to forward/ email articles using ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.