Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music adding songs to library automatically - Can I stop this?

I was having a problem with volume levels in Apple Music. I would play an MP3 file not in Apple Music rather just in a folder on my MacBook Pro. (I would just double click the file to launch Apple Music to play it.). I finally dragged the MP3 file into the Apple Music Library. This seems to have fixed the fluctuating volume level problem.

However, it now appears that every time I launch an MP3 file from a folder (again, not from the Apple Music Library), it adds the file to the Apple Music Library. I do not want these sound files added to my library. Is there any way to stop this behavior? Note - The “automatic download” setting is unchecked.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 5:41 AM

K Coghlan,

Any file you play in Music (and iTunes) will be added to your library. If you only want to listen, and not have it added to the library, use a different player such as QuickTime or VLC to listen to it.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Music adding songs to library automatically - Can I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.