Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send text to, and receive texts from, there is no iPhone text tone

When I send text to, and receive texts from, my wife, there is no text tone even though we both set it up for text tones.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 11:28 AM

Does your daughter use an Apple product? Are all the messages you’re referring to (both only to your wife and those to both your wife and daughter) blue, meaning they’re iMessages? If not, please describe the color message associated with each type of messages.

And of course I assume if your daughter does use an Apple product, she has her own unique Apple ID. (We don’t know her age, but she needs her own ID regardless.)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2022 11:28 AM in response to richard bfromnew york

Does your daughter use an Apple product? Are all the messages you’re referring to (both only to your wife and those to both your wife and daughter) blue, meaning they’re iMessages? If not, please describe the color message associated with each type of messages.

And of course I assume if your daughter does use an Apple product, she has her own unique Apple ID. (We don’t know her age, but she needs her own ID regardless.)

Jul 16, 2022 3:08 PM in response to richard bfromnew york

Ah, that's great news that you don't share an Apple ID.

So does your wife have a separate entry in your Contacts list with her properly set up text tone information?

And when you say "we both have it set up for text tones", what does that mean exactly? Does she also not receive text tones from you? Do both of you have unique Contact entries for each of you?

Jul 16, 2022 3:21 PM in response to sberman

Thank you.

My wife and I each have separate entries in our respective Contacts lists and they are each properly set up for text tones: "Note." We also both have "emergency bypass on".

But here is an interesting fact: I get a ping when communicating with my daughter and wife. Same for my wife. She gets a ping when communicating with me and my daughter. This is not the case when my wife and I communicate solely with each other. Neither of us receives a ping.

When I send text to, and receive texts from, there is no iPhone text tone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.