Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

owc thunderbolt 3 connection problem since update

I updated my Macbook pro M1 (12.4) last week and have since had a weird problem with my OWC Thunderbolt 3. I used to get to the office, plug the OWC into my Mac and have my external monitor connect, as well as speakers and charging. Now, I get a message that my computer cannot connect to the device-please plug it in to an appropriate port. I tried restarting the OWC with no change. I tried restarting the Mac, and it then connects without a problem. Except that, if I use my laptop at home, without the OWC, I have to restart it again in order to connect.

Anyone have a similar experience or an idea to pursue? I am not wildly tech savvy, so small words would be appreciated. I am contacting OWC as well, but this feels like a Mac problem.

thanks, Zephy

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 8:02 AM

Zephyrother wrote:

I updated my Macbook pro M1 (12.4) last week and have since had a weird problem with my OWC Thunderbolt 3. I used to get to the office, plug the OWC into my Mac and have my external monitor connect, as well as speakers and charging. Now, I get a message that my computer cannot connect to the device-please plug it in to an appropriate port. I tried restarting the OWC with no change. I tried restarting the Mac, and it then connects without a problem. Except that, if I use my laptop at home, without the OWC, I have to restart it again in order to connect.

Anyone have a similar experience or an idea to pursue? I am not wildly tech savvy, so small words would be appreciated. I am contacting OWC as well, but this feels like a Mac problem.

thanks, Zephy

OWC has excellent customer support— I would wait for their input/ updated driver/known comparability issues etc.

Other World Computing/Customer service

1 (866) 692-7100

Contact Customer Support - OWC

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Zephyrother

Zephyrother wrote:

thanks, Zephy

OWC has excellent customer support— I would wait for their input/ updated driver/known comparability issues etc.

Other World Computing/Customer service

1 (866) 692-7100

Contact Customer Support - OWC

owc thunderbolt 3 connection problem since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.