Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect an Airtag with find my?

I don't understand what I'm missing here. I don't have a 'Find My App'. I do have a Find My which is on for my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

When I activated the battery on the airtag it was displayed on my iPhone. It asked me for an association name Eg. Luggage and that was it, then done. So what am I missing? How do I see the airtag on my cell? I must have to register it as one of my devices in Apple?

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:17 PM

Hello, I hope you're doing well.

"Find My" App can be deleted from the iPhone; as this may be an accident, you can re-download the app from the App Store if you aren't seeing it on your iPhone.

The second reason it may not be showing up is AirTag requires an Apple ID and iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later. Make sure you are updated to the latest version and your devices are compatible with the system requirements (in bold).

Lastly, open the app and at the bottom you should see a row with: people, devices, items, and me.

Click the ITEMS and you should see your AirTag devices that are currently paired, and have a plus icon to add new devices!

I hope this helps, otherwise you can always contact Apple Support using the 1-800-MY-APPLE line.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 4:17 PM in response to Alicia J

Hello, I hope you're doing well.

"Find My" App can be deleted from the iPhone; as this may be an accident, you can re-download the app from the App Store if you aren't seeing it on your iPhone.

The second reason it may not be showing up is AirTag requires an Apple ID and iOS or iPadOS 14.5 or later. Make sure you are updated to the latest version and your devices are compatible with the system requirements (in bold).

Lastly, open the app and at the bottom you should see a row with: people, devices, items, and me.

Click the ITEMS and you should see your AirTag devices that are currently paired, and have a plus icon to add new devices!

I hope this helps, otherwise you can always contact Apple Support using the 1-800-MY-APPLE line.

Jul 24, 2022 4:32 PM in response to alexschmidt02

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have the 15.6 OS installed on my iPhone. I do have the "Find My" app on my cell. I am signed in to my Apple ID on my cell.

I reset the Airtag in question and went thru the setup again, this time not missing the second last step to allow it to be found.

I had no problems with the other airtag connection. They are now both showing up in 'items' as being in my home.

Thank You.

How do I connect an Airtag with find my?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.