Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe 3 with blinking amber light and not charging

Hi, I got my MacBook Pro 14 earlier this year and everything works perfectly when it arrived.

The first time I got this issue was somewhere in March, when the MagSafe 3 started not charging after a few weeks, it kept blinking amber light. I went to a local authorised repairer and they got the cable replaced.

After I got a new cable from Apple, everything worked fine again, until, in mid-May, this happened again. This time I unplugged the cable for a few minutes and it started working again, except the cable was totally dead after a few days. The cable light was totally gone and it would heat up when plugged in. So I immediately went to the same repairer and they did another replacement for me.

Here come another 2 months and today I woke up to only see the MagSafe 3 blinking again. It had been working fine since today and I have tried to make it works again but it just won't work.

I wonder if there is anyone having the same experience with me?

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 7:41 PM

Refer to If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support. Scroll down to If the indicator light flashes.

Similar questions

2 replies

Magsafe 3 with blinking amber light and not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.