Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't recover deleted documents from icloud.

PLEASE HELP?

Last night I was trying to clean up space on my laptop and I accidentally deleted all my files I had on cloud. I tried going to icloud.com to recover it but it says there are no files to recover.

I'm not sure why the files are not available to be recovered. Can anyone help me?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 6:19 AM

Yes, you were able to access your files before you deleted them. If you emptied your trash, on your Mac or in iCloud, your files are then permanently deleted. iCloud is primarily a synchronization service, not offline storage. What you do on one is reflected everywhere. It's a good idea to keep a backup of your most important data (Time Machine or similar). And, ideally, 3 copies made 2 different ways with one copy kept offsite.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 6:19 AM in response to kyron224

Yes, you were able to access your files before you deleted them. If you emptied your trash, on your Mac or in iCloud, your files are then permanently deleted. iCloud is primarily a synchronization service, not offline storage. What you do on one is reflected everywhere. It's a good idea to keep a backup of your most important data (Time Machine or similar). And, ideally, 3 copies made 2 different ways with one copy kept offsite.

Can't recover deleted documents from icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.