Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS12 Mail message content is blank

OS12 Mail message content is blank -- updated to 12.5, still a problem.

Open Mail, and the sender/subject line appear in the preview panel but content does not show. This doesn't happen every time I use mail, but most commonly when I wake up the computer and go to check emails--one of the primary reasons I sit down to my computer, so one of the first actions I take when waking it up. Very frustrating.

I have to quit, wait, and reopen Mail and hope it works; sometimes have to do this twice.

Please help.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017); 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:47 AM

Why should I compromise my privacy? Apple should just fix Mail!

Some days, I can read two emails and then the content of all others is not visible. Close Mail, restart it just to read two more. Restart iMac, problem persists.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

11 replies

Sep 5, 2022 2:06 PM in response to leslie WS

The information provided earlier is based upon the information from Apple so is Technically Correct.

If the User has issues with Apple - best one directs that to them >>> Product Feedback - Apple

What’s new in Mail on Mac? - Apple Support (CA)

• When you first open Mail, you can choose to enable Protect Mail Activity to prevent senders from using messages to learn your IP address and about your activity in Mail. See Use Mail Privacy Protection.

As for Third Party Software - Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Whether or not the software was installed and used on this specific computer , it was not assumed to be installed but a cautionary mention. It is not surprising to see some Users Install the pervious mentioned software believing it was actually a requirement for Security Purposes

As above does not apply to this computer - some much the better

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Hacker would Require Direct Physical Access to the computer and know the computer password in-order to gain access to the computer and do their Bad Actor Stuff.

Further - specific to Big Sur macOS 11 and Monterey macOS 12, the Operating System resides in a Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User and protects against from “ Bad Actor “ Software.

Lastly - these Apple Support Communities are Hosted by Apple and frequented by fellow Apple Users who volunteer their time to assist other Apple User and specifically on Apple Services, Equipment and usages of them.

Anything outside of those perimeters is generally off limits.

Community etiquette guidelines - Apple Support

Aug 29, 2022 10:09 AM in response to leslie WS

User wrote " Why should I compromise my privacy? "

To be fair, balanced and objective that information was provided earlier regarding Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac

At least Apple has provided a choice to Opt In or Opt Out from using this Feature

What was the user ( you ) using Before this Feature was introduced in macOS 12 Monterey to Protect your Privacy in e-mails ?

We have not explored the possibility of the computer having some Third Party Software or Third Party Security Software installed and blocking images in e-mails.

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Kaspersky Antivirus. Anti virus

AVG AntiVirus  

Trustee 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

The current version of Monterey as of Aug 17, 2022 is now 12.5.1

Sep 5, 2022 8:25 AM in response to PRP_53

I have NONE of that third party software on my iMac. I have updated to 12.5.1, problem is now WORSE*.

AND this community has not offered any real solution.

Third party software is very basic: MSOffice 360; Brother Printer drivers and firmware updaters; Banktivity 7; EndNote20; Spotify app; Clockify app; Adobe Reader, Dropbox, Firefox, Google Chrome.

Not sure why your tone is accusatory: "To be fair, balanced and objective that information was provided earlier regarding Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac". Letting me know how to go about forgoing the latest recommended protections is not a good enough solution. AND it didn't work.

Regarding "what were you doing before..." -- do you mean before advertisers/hackers found new ways to invade my privacy? Isn't the point to play catch up to their methods by constantly upgrading our defenses as hackers "up" their game? So whatever I had before is no longer enough.

Like other people frustrated with this problem, I read emails mostly on my phone. However, some of my work emails I need to see on my iMac so I can link to work-related content.

*With update to 12.5.1, the situation is even WORSE. Used to be able to see mail content fairly reliably for 24 -48 hours (restarting Mail software 2-3 times per day). Now, I usually can't see any message content even after restart; if I'm lucky, I can read one or two emails after restarting Mail, then have to try restarting Mail again.

Aug 5, 2022 12:59 AM in response to leslie WS

Hi,

same here. It's not an internet connection issue at least not in my case. Mail (16.0) just randomly does not show the message content. It may take up to a couple of minutes and then it'll show the message, needless to say this is very annoying.

This first appeared after updating to 12.5.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

1 TB Flash Storage

Thanks for any help!

Sep 4, 2022 5:22 PM in response to leslie WS

Regarding this problem, the actual message is in the subject line.

It appears that some cell phones that send email have this glitch when it comes into mac mail. I can read the message on my iPhone just fine, but in my mac mail, the message body is blank, but the actual message (same as the text on iPhone) is in the subject line. i just highlighted the subject line, selected "all" (command a) and copied and pasted it into a text edit document to be able to read the whole thing. craziness.

i thought that getting a brand new mac with the latest updates would be glitch free... but macs are becoming more like windows. beach balls and delays at random times, short freezes... VERY DISAPPOINTED!

OS12 Mail message content is blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.