Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set desktop picture

Under "Share" in Photos, there is no longer an option to "Share desktop picture." I just used it a few days ago to put a picture on my desktop. Have others noticed this? Or have I done something? I just downloaded the update for Monterey 12, but same thing shows.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 8:52 AM

Hello robjoan,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you are trying to set a picture in Photos as your desktop wallpaper. The way you describe should still be an option, but make sure you've selected the photo first. With the photo selected, either right-click or select the Share icon. You may need to choose More to see if that "Set Desktop Picture" option needs to be added back to your Share menu.

The other way to set a picture as your desktop wallpaper is through System Preferences:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 8:52 AM in response to robjoan

Hello robjoan,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you are trying to set a picture in Photos as your desktop wallpaper. The way you describe should still be an option, but make sure you've selected the photo first. With the photo selected, either right-click or select the Share icon. You may need to choose More to see if that "Set Desktop Picture" option needs to be added back to your Share menu.

The other way to set a picture as your desktop wallpaper is through System Preferences:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Set desktop picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.