Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how i mac startup is there question mark showing

My macOS doesn’t start, it. Showing the question mark?

now what I do….

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 8:21 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2022 8:24 PM in response to Mnmet210

Mnmet210 Said:

"how i mac startup is there question mark showing: My macOS doesn’t start, it. Showing the question mark? now what I do…."

-------

Troubleshooting a Mac with a Question Mark:

Three Things...

1. Go here: If a Flashing Question Mark Appears when you Start your Mac - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

III. If Neither of the Above Works...

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, restart to see if all is fixed.

how i mac startup is there question mark showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.