Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scroll direction problem when switching trackpad between mouse

I have a problem recently. I have to turn on the "scroll direction: natural" option on the trackpad because my brain cells are happy to use it this way.

However, when I connect a mouse, the scroll is reversed and I have to go into the settings again and deactivate the "scroll direction: natural" option.

The problem is that I'm using both and I'm using a hub. Sometimes I have to remove the hub and switch to the trackpad. There has to be a way to automate this.

My Computer 2019 Mac Pro 16"

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:02 AM

gokhankrll wrote:

I have a problem recently. I have to turn on the "scroll direction: natural" option on the trackpad because my brain cells are happy to use it this way.

However, when I connect a mouse, the scroll is reversed and I have to go into the settings again and deactivate the "scroll direction: natural" option.

The problem is that I'm using both and I'm using a hub. Sometimes I have to remove the hub and switch to the trackpad. There has to be a way to automate this.

Change Trackpad preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Change Mouse & Trackpad preferences for accessibility on Mac

ref: Is there a way to set scroll direction in… - Apple Community

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 7:02 AM in response to gokhankrll

gokhankrll wrote:

Change Trackpad preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Change Mouse & Trackpad preferences for accessibility on Mac

ref: Is there a way to set scroll direction in… - Apple Community

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Scroll direction problem when switching trackpad between mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.