Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gmail password mac mail

No matter where I look I don't see a place to change my gmail password in mac mail. Suggestions appreciated.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 10:47 AM

mhattonmd wrote:

Sorry - wrong screen shot.

The same thing happens when I click on the gmail account - there is no where to enter a password

have you set up the gmail account in Mac mail...(?)

Add and remove email accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Can you log in successfully to your gmail account through a browser...(?) https://www.gmail.com

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 10:47 AM in response to mhattonmd

mhattonmd wrote:

Sorry - wrong screen shot.

The same thing happens when I click on the gmail account - there is no where to enter a password

have you set up the gmail account in Mac mail...(?)

Add and remove email accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Can you log in successfully to your gmail account through a browser...(?) https://www.gmail.com

Aug 6, 2022 8:51 AM in response to mhattonmd

mhattonmd wrote:

No matter where I look I don't see a place to change my gmail password in mac mail. Suggestions appreciated.

Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings....passwd

this has to reflect the the correct passwd you have at gmail.com If you did not log into gmail through a browser and make a change it will be for naught.

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

reference:

Change or reset your password - Computer - Gmail Help

Change or reset your password - Google Account Help

gmail password mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.