Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Slideshow Export as Video very slow on M2 MacBook Air 2022

As the title says, it is very slow to export a Slideshow from the Photos App as a Video on an M2 MacBook Air. Looks like the export runs in real time, meaning that it takes as long as the slideshow takes on playback. Is it supposed to be that slow?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:29 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 9, 2022 12:01 PM in response to Old Toad

Sorry guys, this seems to be the usual speed. I did the same on three different MacBooks (Intel Air, M2 Air, M1 Pro). On all Macs the export seems to be executed in real speed. Meaning that a slideshow that is set to run 20 minutes will export in 20 minutes. But no worries, I can live with this.

But another thing really is annoying. There is a flickering / glitching bug in the videos. I created another question for this:

Bug in slideshow export results in flicke… - Apple Community

Thanks anyway for your suggestions!!

Aug 9, 2022 10:13 AM in response to peer240

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

What format are you exporting the slideshow as?

If you don't have a lot of free, empty space the system will have to search high and low for empty blocks to store the exported slideshow. That could be reason for the slow exportation. Also exporting at 1080p will take longer than at the lower resolution settings.

Photo Slideshow Export as Video very slow on M2 MacBook Air 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.