Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Screen movement

my home and app screens will drop down about halfway every so often that obscures the bottom half of the screen. it seems random, but I have to believe it’s something that I’m doing.

anyhow, I have to press the up-arrow at the top of the screen to get the full screen and see the bottom half again.

what is this “feature”? how do I turn it off so it stops doing this? and what is it’s purpose…I’m clueless as to why anyone would want this to happen?!

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 1:03 PM

The “feature” is called “reachability”. It’s supposed to make it easier to reach things at the top of the screen when using one hand.

Reach the top of the iPhone screen with one hand - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 8, 2022 1:11 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks so much! As obvious as that now seems, I would never have guessed that. I think I even searched the top level of the “accessibility” options in the settings, but failed to explore a deeper level, as “touch” requires in order to see “reach ability” as worthy of trying. Appreciate the rapid reply.

related comment: I asked 3 other able-bodied iPhone users yesterday I was with if this happened to them (yes) and if they knew what it was or how to disable it (no).

note to self: add a mobility-impaired friend to my iPhone power user circle to add to future questions.

Home Screen movement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.