Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 pro camera - Screen washed out using digiscoping adapter because one of the other lenses is blocked

When I attach my digiscoping adapter to my iphone 13 pro, only the right lens (when looking at the back of the phone) is visible and the other two lenses are blocked by the adapter. I believe a light sensor or something is in the left 2 lenses (the two above and below each other) which makes the camera think it is in the dark when they are covered. This over exposes the picture from the right lens and washes out the picture. Not overexposed for videos but is for pictures. I have restarted the phone, tried turning the exposure to -2 and it is still completely washed out.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 1:19 PM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2022 4:02 PM in response to KPBash

Hello KPBash,

So if you're looking at the rear of the phone, the camera on the top is the Telephoto lens, the camera on the bottom is the Wide angle lens, and the camera on the right side is the Ultra Wide angle lens.

Here's an image that breaks down which camera is which: iPhone 13 Pro Cameras

You can find the specs for each specific camera lens in the device specs here: iPhone 13 Pro Technical Specifications

You can find more info on using the different cameras for different image types here: About the Camera features on your iPhone

Cheers!

Aug 9, 2022 3:34 PM in response to Missy5937

Thanks for the reply. With the adapter, I'm able to attach the phone/camera to a spotting scope and take pictures of wildlife, etc. I have figured out that I can obtain pictures with the adapter, hooked to the spotting scope using the "bottom" lens on the phone but this doesn't allow me to use the 3.0 telephoto lens without going dark. I'm only able to zoom to 2.9X. Not sure which iphone lens does what at this point.

iphone 13 pro camera - Screen washed out using digiscoping adapter because one of the other lenses is blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.