Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Photosmart d110 printer not connecting with MacBook Air

Hello, my MacBook Air (running Monterey 12.4) recognizes my HP Photosmart d110 printer/scanner in the Finder, but even when they are connected via USB, when I send items to print, the computer tells me that it is “waiting for the printer” to connect. Nothing prints or scans to the computer. I don’t see any drivers available on the HP drivers website but I know previously there was a “workaround” driver that I could install to get the printer to actually connect with my Mac. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution? Thank you.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 8:10 AM

Hi,

The drivers for this printer from HP seem to be for older Mac operating systems only. You could perhaps try the Apple package download HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update (despite the system requirements) instead. An HP Photosmart D110 series version 3.3.2 driver is mentioned in the referenced article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. However, there is absolutely no guarantee that this will change anything. Do not expect it to work/install. Look upon it as an experiment only. Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing. It may be a good idea to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Sometimes, a printer driver download may contain drivers that actually would be compatible with a newer operating system version, but remain inaccessible because of a package/installer that is prevented from opening/working under normal circumstances. There may be solutions for this, but they are not supported. See also, for example, Old Samsung ML-1675 printer install for B… - Apple Community).

If nothing else works, you could possibly check whether HP Easy Admin has a direct download link for this very printer model. It may or may not work.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06164609

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 8:10 AM in response to Royalsrh1013

Hi,

The drivers for this printer from HP seem to be for older Mac operating systems only. You could perhaps try the Apple package download HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update (despite the system requirements) instead. An HP Photosmart D110 series version 3.3.2 driver is mentioned in the referenced article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. However, there is absolutely no guarantee that this will change anything. Do not expect it to work/install. Look upon it as an experiment only. Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing. It may be a good idea to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Sometimes, a printer driver download may contain drivers that actually would be compatible with a newer operating system version, but remain inaccessible because of a package/installer that is prevented from opening/working under normal circumstances. There may be solutions for this, but they are not supported. See also, for example, Old Samsung ML-1675 printer install for B… - Apple Community).

If nothing else works, you could possibly check whether HP Easy Admin has a direct download link for this very printer model. It may or may not work.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06164609

Aug 9, 2022 5:29 AM in response to Royalsrh1013

Did you install the "workaround" driver for a previous OS? If you did it should still be there.

Not all printers are compatible with Monterey and not all developers have chosen to make them so. If the HP site has no mention of Monterey for this printer, it either hasn't been written yet or it's not going to be. My personal opinion is HP is dragging their feet here.

You might try a driver for Big Sur. Sometimes printers can use older drivers with reduced capabilities.

HP Photosmart d110 printer not connecting with MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.