Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mute Button How To Silence The Sound When I Tap It

How to silence the mute button sound when I tap it & I’m on call on my APPLE IPHONE 11 bc caller can hear me tap it each time…It’s a problem when I’m on a business call & my grandchild is hear & I have to tap mute to speak to my grandbaby needing something. Can you please help

APPLE SUPPORT OR ANYONE WHO HAS AN ANSWER FOR THIS PROBLEM.

Greatly Appreciate In Advance.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 6:23 AM

layaLang Said:

"Mute Button How To Silence The Sound When I Tap It: How to silence the mute button sound when I tap it & I’m on call on my APPLE IPHONE 11 bc caller can hear me tap it each time…It’s a problem[...]"

-------

Disabling the Tapping Noise:

You Need To Disable Keyboard Clicks:

In your iPhone 6s, go to: Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Tap: Keyboard Clicks (so that it is dulled out)

Note:

The ability to do so depends on your location. Disabling the tapping noise is not an option on all countries/regions. It is an agreement between Apple and the Federal Government.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 6:23 AM in response to layaLang

layaLang Said:

"Mute Button How To Silence The Sound When I Tap It: How to silence the mute button sound when I tap it & I’m on call on my APPLE IPHONE 11 bc caller can hear me tap it each time…It’s a problem[...]"

-------

Disabling the Tapping Noise:

You Need To Disable Keyboard Clicks:

In your iPhone 6s, go to: Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Tap: Keyboard Clicks (so that it is dulled out)

Note:

The ability to do so depends on your location. Disabling the tapping noise is not an option on all countries/regions. It is an agreement between Apple and the Federal Government.

Mute Button How To Silence The Sound When I Tap It

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.