Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extend display / target display

I have a work laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad T14 2nd gen, and I'm trying to extend the display from my laptop to my mid 2011 iMac. Its working on my pc monitor and I'm trying to make the iMac my third display using a Dell displaylink. I have a mini display to hdmi and a mini display to displayport. So far I have no luck using the iMac as a third display.

iMac

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 4:56 PM

Supposedly Target Display Mode only works for a Mac to Mac basis...

iMac models introduced in 2011, 2012, 2013, and mid 2014

To use any of these iMac models as an external display:

• The iMac used as a display must have macOS High Sierra or earlier installed.
  • The other Mac that you're connecting it to must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS Catalina or earlier installed.
  • The cable connecting the two Mac computers must be a Thunderbolt  or Thunderbolt 2  cable.

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 4:56 PM in response to jpache0000

Supposedly Target Display Mode only works for a Mac to Mac basis...

iMac models introduced in 2011, 2012, 2013, and mid 2014

To use any of these iMac models as an external display:

• The iMac used as a display must have macOS High Sierra or earlier installed.
  • The other Mac that you're connecting it to must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS Catalina or earlier installed.
  • The cable connecting the two Mac computers must be a Thunderbolt  or Thunderbolt 2  cable.

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

extend display / target display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.