Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I already have a Paramount subscription, I did not sign up through Apple TV. Am I able to sign in to an existing paramount ? If so, how?

I already have a Paramount+ subscription, I did not sign up through Apple TV. Am I able to sign in to an existing paramount+ via the Apple TV app? If so, how?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 9:33 PM

If you have a Paramount+ subscription from subscribing directly with Paramount+, then you’ll have to watch their content in the separate Paramount+ app, and sign in there.

On Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV box), the Paramount+ app is able to “connect” to the Apple TV app, so that Paramount+ content can be listed in Up Next, Watch Now and Search in the Apple TV app, for seamless integration. The separate app is still needed, though.

On third party devices, others apps cannot “connect” to the Apple TV app, as that feature is supported through the system software on Apple devices.

The Paramount+ subscription as started outside the Apple TV app, is not valid for the Paramount+ Channel inside the Apple TV app. That is a different type of subscription with different terms and conditions, different perks and limitation, and not exchangeable as such.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 9:33 PM in response to SirDylan

If you have a Paramount+ subscription from subscribing directly with Paramount+, then you’ll have to watch their content in the separate Paramount+ app, and sign in there.

On Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV box), the Paramount+ app is able to “connect” to the Apple TV app, so that Paramount+ content can be listed in Up Next, Watch Now and Search in the Apple TV app, for seamless integration. The separate app is still needed, though.

On third party devices, others apps cannot “connect” to the Apple TV app, as that feature is supported through the system software on Apple devices.

The Paramount+ subscription as started outside the Apple TV app, is not valid for the Paramount+ Channel inside the Apple TV app. That is a different type of subscription with different terms and conditions, different perks and limitation, and not exchangeable as such.

I already have a Paramount subscription, I did not sign up through Apple TV. Am I able to sign in to an existing paramount ? If so, how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.