Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple replacement policy

I bought an iPad air 5 when it first got released, the battery was draining when not in use ( 60% overnight ) ,went to genius bar and found out that a sensor in my iPad isn’t working . This is all okay and could happen to anyone . BUT , they told me that I will not get a box that has the same serial number to the new iPad I will get + they won’t be able to put the same engraving I had on the previous iPad . Why is that ? I paid at first to get

1- iPad 2- box 3- engraving.

If the iPad has any manufactural issues then its apple responsibility and they should solve the problem by giving me the same product I paid for , I didn’t pay for an iPad without a box and without any engraving !

Another question , the replacement iPad is refurbished or new ?

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 5:07 AM

Learn more about express replacement: iPad Express Replacement Service - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 18, 2022 3:26 PM in response to A-zidane

It is what it at this later date.

Apple Stores give refurbished iPads for in/out of warranty iPad replacements.

Engraving is done at time of purchase, from Apple's online store, from an Apple main location engraving service as NO local Apple stores have any equipment to do any engraving services, and the box is a non-descript, blank iPad box that Apple uses for refurbished/replacement iPads.

Sorry, but, again, it is what it is.

Apple replacement policy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.