Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resolve no network connectivity after waking up from sleep?

My MacBook Pro M1 Max has no Ethernet network connectivity after waking up from sleep. The Ethernet connects to my Caldigit TS4 dock. I tried disconnect the USB-C cable from the TS4 and reconnect but there is no change. I tried reconnect the Ethernet cable to the TS4 dock and there is no change. I tried turned off and on the TS4 and still not luck. The WiFi works though. The only way to regain Ethernet connectivity is restart the MBP. What else should I try to resolve this issue?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 9:02 AM

I tried disconnect the USB-C cable from the TS4 and reconnect but there is no change.

Have you tried connecting the dock to a different USB-C port on the computer?

Have you tried eliminating the dock and connecting the computer directly to the access point? That could clearly identify or eliminate the dock as the problem. Simple test but may require an adaptor.

Is the dock self-powered?

Here's another "strange but true" issue I had with the same symptoms. After a trip I had to restart my Macbook Pro after evvery sleep session. After a week of trying all sorts of cures, I looked at the system log and found the computer was still trying to connect to the internet service of a lodge where we'd stayed two weeks before and some 45 miles away!

I fixed that by doing System Preferences > Network and chosing "Wi-fi." In that pane I checked the "Advanced...."tab that shows networks previously joined. There was the lodge. I deleted it and had not further issues. Newer OS versions allow you to deselect "auto-join" for individual networks as well as deletion:

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 9:02 AM in response to LCMan

I tried disconnect the USB-C cable from the TS4 and reconnect but there is no change.

Have you tried connecting the dock to a different USB-C port on the computer?

Have you tried eliminating the dock and connecting the computer directly to the access point? That could clearly identify or eliminate the dock as the problem. Simple test but may require an adaptor.

Is the dock self-powered?

Here's another "strange but true" issue I had with the same symptoms. After a trip I had to restart my Macbook Pro after evvery sleep session. After a week of trying all sorts of cures, I looked at the system log and found the computer was still trying to connect to the internet service of a lodge where we'd stayed two weeks before and some 45 miles away!

I fixed that by doing System Preferences > Network and chosing "Wi-fi." In that pane I checked the "Advanced...."tab that shows networks previously joined. There was the lodge. I deleted it and had not further issues. Newer OS versions allow you to deselect "auto-join" for individual networks as well as deletion:

How to resolve no network connectivity after waking up from sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.