Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time and date field missing from menu bar

A week or so after upgrade to 12.5, the time and date started being greyed out on the menu bar. I have to click on it to see it (then besides the menu bar time and date I get a drop-down window of weather & stuff); as soon as the mouse moves off the field, it vanishes again. I can't find any preferences setting to restore the field to its prior operation. I used it all the time and really miss it. Is there a way to keep it showing as it used to?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 1:39 PM

8 replies

Aug 27, 2022 1:55 PM in response to johnsankey

johnsankey wrote:

A week or so after upgrade to 12.5, the time and date started being greyed out on the menu bar. I have to click on it to see it (then besides the menu bar time and date I get a drop-down window of weather & stuff); as soon as the mouse moves off the field, it vanishes again. I can't find any preferences setting to restore the field to its prior operation. I used it all the time and really miss it. Is there a way to keep it showing as it used to?

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1 — I would start there and compare your results

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

time and date field missing from menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.