Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling previous employee's MacBook Air's

I have a bunch of MacBooks Airs that needs resetting to be used for new employees and/or developers. Tho they are all locked behind Apple ID's and each employee installed them them self once they got them.

I have been trying all possible button combination in order to enter terminal or to erase the device to a veggie state.

I don't reach the terminal and it does not erase the disk from the Recovery Assistant.

I only return to the This mac is linked to a Apple ID page.

How do i go about to just reinstall them. Without keeping anything on them or any references to a previews employee?

None of the bellow gave me any answer:

Reset Macbook Airs - Apple Community

Employee Wiped MacBook Air before returni… - Apple Community

New job, previous employee's missing pass… - Apple Community

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 2:12 PM

You'll need the employees to log out. And, you'll want to consider using a MDM so this is not an issue and/or require unlock as part of the employee termination process (and in the employment agreement).

1 reply

Reinstalling previous employee's MacBook Air's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.