Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro screen not working

My macbook screen first had colorful lines through the side. A couple days later the screen would not turn on at all. there is now one line through the black screen. There is a problem with the display because it is still charging and makes the power on sound after i tried restarting it. Is there any way to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 9:01 PM

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 9:01 PM in response to krn18

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Sep 5, 2022 9:07 PM in response to krn18

krn18 Said:

"Macbook Pro screen not working: My macbook screen first had colorful lines through the side. A couple days later the screen would not turn on at all. there is now one line through the black screen. There is a problem with the display because it is still charging and makes the power on sound after i tried restarting it. Is there any way to fix this?"

-------

Your Screen is Failing:

From what you have reported, your screen is apparently defective. So, It is time for a new screen. If you have not had this replaced, and it is covered under warranty, then it might be replaceable by Apple, free of charge --but that it Apple's call.

What to Try: 

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this Mac? Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, if it is covered under warranty, then see if you can get the screen replaced. Being faulty, it likely would be nothing on you. Ask Apple Support for a new screen.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)

Sep 5, 2022 10:31 PM in response to krn18

The issue with the lines on the Mac screen can be represented in many different forms and colors. The issue needs to be addressed immediately so it wouldn’t become a permanent problem. Here are some of the reasons that could be causing the issue:

1. Physical damage to the screen

2. Extensive overhearing

3. Damaged or improperly connected cable

4. Outdated or incompatible graphic drivers

5. Hardware problems (graphics card or motherboard)

6. Various software issues

However, to fix the lines on Mac screen, you can try the below DIY fixes:

1. Reboot Your Mac

2. Check Cable Connection

3. Connect Another Display

4. Reset SMC

5. Reset NVRAM

6. Install Graphic Card Updates

7. Reinstall current macOS

Hope it helps!

Macbook Pro screen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.