Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Despite this wordy blog … I just want to know why I can’t delete apps from my iPad, there’s no “delete “ pop up when I enter the “control storage” link

My storage is full, I clicked on the link for “manage my storage”, it takes me to my apps, and dead end !!

how do you delete apps when you’re not given any option?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 8:59 PM

KitKatkatz Said:

"Despite this wordy blog … I just want to know why I can’t delete apps from my iPad, there’s no 'delete ' pop up when I enter the lcontrol storage' link: My storage is full, I clicked on the link for 'manage my storage', it takes me to my apps, and dead end !!

how do you delete apps when you’re not given any option?"

-------

About Deleting Apps:

Built in apps cannot be deleted. However, app purchased from the App Store can be deleted. Simply hold you finger down on the App icon. and click the white "X" when the icon wobbles. Poomph - it is gone and off of your iPhone.

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPad Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named System Data (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Perform the same as instructed here, but on your iPad.: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 8:59 PM in response to KitKatkatz

KitKatkatz Said:

"Despite this wordy blog … I just want to know why I can’t delete apps from my iPad, there’s no 'delete ' pop up when I enter the lcontrol storage' link: My storage is full, I clicked on the link for 'manage my storage', it takes me to my apps, and dead end !!

how do you delete apps when you’re not given any option?"

-------

About Deleting Apps:

Built in apps cannot be deleted. However, app purchased from the App Store can be deleted. Simply hold you finger down on the App icon. and click the white "X" when the icon wobbles. Poomph - it is gone and off of your iPhone.

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPad Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named System Data (formerly called "Other"). It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Perform the same as instructed here, but on your iPad.: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Despite this wordy blog … I just want to know why I can’t delete apps from my iPad, there’s no “delete “ pop up when I enter the “control storage” link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.