Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Not Allowing 5th Person to be added

I have 4 kids added to my family sharing account and can not get it to allow me to add the 5th person (6 including me as the organizer). Does anyone know how to unlock the “+ Add Family Member” option when I should still have one place open? So far, nothing seems to be working that I’ve tried and I’d like to get my 5th child added.

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 2:35 PM

Odd. As you seem to realize, i should allow you to have a total of 6, including you. Did somebody recently leave and maybe your device doesn't realize that?

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

- Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

- Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 2:35 PM in response to Salonbloom2019

Odd. As you seem to realize, i should allow you to have a total of 6, including you. Did somebody recently leave and maybe your device doesn't realize that?

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

- Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

- Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family Sharing Not Allowing 5th Person to be added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.