Related Article: Change which apps sync and store data with iCloud

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud is full but I can’t access to delete pictures

how do I delete pictures on my iCloud. It is full

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 3:37 PM

Thank you for the reply, and the new info.

If you can not turn off, move to a different folder, or delete the synced movie on the older Mac.

wonder if turning iCloud off on the current Mac (ie: in system preferences) may result in the movie being deleted in both places, and thus freeing the space, so iCloud become more accessible when you log the Mac back in.

Else:

You might want to reach out to the iCloud Support Team.

(There is a "Get Support" link at the bottom of their website (link below)

iCloud - Official Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 3:37 PM in response to kingValk

Thank you for the reply, and the new info.

If you can not turn off, move to a different folder, or delete the synced movie on the older Mac.

wonder if turning iCloud off on the current Mac (ie: in system preferences) may result in the movie being deleted in both places, and thus freeing the space, so iCloud become more accessible when you log the Mac back in.

Else:

You might want to reach out to the iCloud Support Team.

(There is a "Get Support" link at the bottom of their website (link below)

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Sep 7, 2022 10:23 PM in response to Ipot2000

Hi Ipot2000,

Welcome to the Apple Community!

Re: "how do I delete pictures on my iCloud. It is full"

Before you delete anything, you may want to archive or make copies of the information that you store in iCloud.

There are many options for taking control of the "full" storage situation.

Re: I can’t access to delete pictures

As your iPad and iCloud are in sync:

anything in apps you've turned on in iCloud that you delete from either iCloud or iPad will delete in both places.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You might want to learn about the difference between your device and iCloud storage, 

and ways to manage your space.:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

How to: Check your iCloud storage online or on any device – Apple Support

You can free up storage in iCloud by deleting content that you're not using:

How to: Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

You can choose which apps on your iPad you'd like to use (or turn off) in iCloud,

Change your iCloud settings – Apple Support)

All the best :-)

Sep 7, 2022 10:46 PM in response to Ipot2000

Ipot2000 Said:

"My iCloud is full but I can’t access to delete pictures: how do I delete pictures on my iCloud. It is full"

-------

Download All of iCloud:

One though would be to download all of iCloud, and then search through it in Finder on a Mac. You would download it to an external drive, and then open the drive in Finder. Search through it using the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Sep 9, 2022 12:27 AM in response to brbo

Thank you very much for the reply but I do not have any other MacOs devices like iPhones or Tablets and I only use it for work, there are no photos and/or other documents that could/should have been backed up/uploaded

Like I'm expecting it to be empty, there's 1 folder of 100kb that I want to store in it but I cannot because it's full of nothing

Sep 9, 2022 4:01 AM in response to brbo

Yes, we use it to sync files between many Macbook users (An Obsidian documentation folder)

All apps Sync are switched off, It does not let me change settings for Documents and Desktop.

it just shows 'Documents' taking 5.6gb/5gb but there are no documents visible in iCloud.

I think it uploaded a movie or something on my older macbook on an older version of MacOs, got into an Error state, now it's stuck at 'cannot display iCloud content due to it being over the 5gb limit' so now I have to have a support agent reset it / temporarily upgrade because the UI doesn't work if you're over the limit so that I can fix it.

My iCloud is full but I can’t access to delete pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.