Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Per-Season Descriptions to Shows in iTunes/TV Library?

I noticed when you buy TV shows on the iTunes/TV Store, each season has its own blurb separate from the individual episode synopses. But I can't find any field to add this info to my own shows I import from DVD rips etc.

Is it possible to add this? Or is it store content only?

Also the same applies to content ratings (G, PG, MA15+ etc.), again the store purchases have these but I can't see a way to add them myself.

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 2:14 AM

You're looking at store only metadata as far as the season description goes. Neither iTunes nor the TV app give you access to the content rating field, although I believe that is embedded for iTunes Store content.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 10, 2022 2:49 PM in response to crg2k

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, crg2k,

If we understand your post correctly, you're trying to edit the data included on DVDs that you've uploaded. We’d like to help.

DVD movie files are protected files due to copyrights. The information about them is not able to be edited. Please note:

"You can use the DVD Player app to play DVDs or DVD movie files stored on your computer.

Note: You can’t copy and play video folders from DVD discs with copy protection. DVD Player also doesn’t play other media, such as Blu-ray discs, or recognize video content burned onto certain types of DVD-RW discs."

See the full article here:

Play a DVD or DVD movie file in DVD Player on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Add Per-Season Descriptions to Shows in iTunes/TV Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.