Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder sync with iPhone cannot find albums

I just upgraded from High Sierra all the way to Monterey, and I'm dealing with all the stuff that doesn't work, or works differently.

I see that when I plug in my iPhone now it appears in the Finder sidebar. When I click on it, I get the dialog screens that used to be in iTunes, pretty much verbatim.

I had my sync options set up so that the Photos album "iPhone-Resident" contained all the photos I wanted kept permanently on the iPhone, and no others.

I seem to have the same options offered in the Finder sync screens, except it can't find the albums:

It offers "All albums" and nothing else. Searching for a specific album (shown) only rates a "huh?"

Photos has no problems finding and working with my albums.

How do I get the Finder to find the album names in Photos?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 4:53 AM

macswe wrote:

I just upgraded from High Sierra all the way to Monterey, and I'm dealing with all the stuff that doesn't work, or works differently.

I see that when I plug in my iPhone now it appears in the Finder sidebar. When I click on it, I get the dialog screens that used to be in iTunes, pretty much verbatim.

I had my sync options set up so that the Photos album "iPhone-Resident" contained all the photos I wanted kept permanently on the iPhone, and no others.

I seem to have the same options offered in the Finder sync screens, except it can't find the albums:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a392a4b4-6225-42ad-8130-159a6030e592

It offers "All albums" and nothing else. Searching for a specific album (shown) only rates a "huh?"

//:0

See if there is anything here—

Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302?&cid=acs::fm-itunes_HT201302

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6.1

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 4:53 AM in response to macswe

macswe wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a392a4b4-6225-42ad-8130-159a6030e592

//:0

See if there is anything here—

Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302?&cid=acs::fm-itunes_HT201302

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6.1

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Finder sync with iPhone cannot find albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.