Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TRACKPAD ISSUE

My trackpad suddenly freeze out of nowhere. The first aid I did was turn off my laptop. I thought it’s fixed already but it came back after just a few minutes. When my mac is turned off, I can softly touch the trackpad but when it’s turned on, there are times that it’s having its issues. Also, there is no update available. What should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 3:59 PM

Try using a wired USB mouse to see if that works or if it has the same issue. If it works, then the laptop has a hardware issue that will need to be repaired.

If a USB mouse does not work, then you likely have some third party software installed which is causing a problem, or perhaps some external device is causing the problem. Try booting into Safe Mode which prevents third party software from automatically launching during boot & login. To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 3:59 PM in response to khamille98

Try using a wired USB mouse to see if that works or if it has the same issue. If it works, then the laptop has a hardware issue that will need to be repaired.

If a USB mouse does not work, then you likely have some third party software installed which is causing a problem, or perhaps some external device is causing the problem. Try booting into Safe Mode which prevents third party software from automatically launching during boot & login. To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

TRACKPAD ISSUE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.