Freezing trackpad issue

I'm trying to fix a 2019 Macbook Pro that has been having a trackpad issue. The trackpad will freeze upon waking/opening the lid and there is no way to fix it other than waiting it out. I booted the Macbook into safe mode and it seems to have fixed it for the most part. There is some jerkiness when scrolling but it's not freezing. Where do I go from here? What could be causing the issue? Thank you.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 31, 2023 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Infamous XC wrote:

I'm trying to fix a 2019 Macbook Pro that has been having a trackpad issue. The trackpad will freeze upon waking/opening the lid and there is no way to fix it other than waiting it out. I booted the Macbook into safe mode and it seems to have fixed it for the most part. There is some jerkiness when scrolling but it's not freezing. Where do I go from here? What could be causing the issue? Thank you.

I would first Verify your software is up to date...

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

If no insight or resolve, on an Intel Mac—

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NVRAM Reset)

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 4:29 PM in response to Infamous XC

Infamous XC wrote:

I would first Verify your software is up to date...

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

If no insight or resolve, on an Intel Mac—

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NVRAM Reset)

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Freezing trackpad issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.