Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health drain

I’m facing a situation with my iphone my battery health is draining rapidly this phone was purchased last year in November and the battery health is 88% right now it’s draining rapidly My phone is still under warranty

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:18 AM

There is nothing wrong with your phone and Apple will not consider replacing the battery under warranty, unless Battery Health dips to 80% or less in the first 12 months of ownership (in your situation, highly unlikely). You have to recognize that every time you fully charge your iPhone battery, its Battery Health will decline, little by little. This is what batteries do - ALL BATTERIES. A decline of from 1% - 2% per month is considered normal.

Things you should do to maximize battery performance:

1. Never let the battery fully discharge and avoid letting it go below 20%
  2. Do, charge your battery at night when you sleep, every night
  3. Do turn on Optimized Battery Charging in Settings > Battery > Battery Health
  4. Stop obsessing over something which will continue to decline no matter what you do
  5. When Battery Health does dip to 80%, be prepared to pay Apple to replace the battery
  6. Read this link about Maximizing Battery Performance --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 9:18 AM in response to hamdankhan344

There is nothing wrong with your phone and Apple will not consider replacing the battery under warranty, unless Battery Health dips to 80% or less in the first 12 months of ownership (in your situation, highly unlikely). You have to recognize that every time you fully charge your iPhone battery, its Battery Health will decline, little by little. This is what batteries do - ALL BATTERIES. A decline of from 1% - 2% per month is considered normal.

Things you should do to maximize battery performance:

1. Never let the battery fully discharge and avoid letting it go below 20%
  2. Do, charge your battery at night when you sleep, every night
  3. Do turn on Optimized Battery Charging in Settings > Battery > Battery Health
  4. Stop obsessing over something which will continue to decline no matter what you do
  5. When Battery Health does dip to 80%, be prepared to pay Apple to replace the battery
  6. Read this link about Maximizing Battery Performance --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Battery health drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.