Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to remove the dark shadow on the apps name on the homescreen? iOS 16

Hi, I updated to iOS 16 but now the homescreen apps names have a very dark shadow and it looks awful if you use a light wallpaper. It looks dirty. And you can still notice it if you have a dark wallpaper. Is there a way to change this please?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:57 PM

what i found worked for me was settings > accessibility > per-app settings > add home screen > reduce transparency.

Mess around with the default, on, off settings for transparency and one of them should work.

33 replies

Nov 30, 2022 3:33 PM in response to Applebottomjeansbootswdafur

Applebottomjeansbootswdafur wrote:

This feature is is super ugly please fix it on the next update

You seem to be under the impression you are speaking with anyone from Apple? You are not. This is a user to user only forum and no one here can fix anything on the next update.

If you want to tell Apple your thoughts, use this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Feb 4, 2023 7:20 AM in response to applecat_

Same issue. I have a black and white photo as my Home Screen and now that there are dropshadows it ruins the picture. I also have a 3rd page that has no apps on it except one that is a picture of that section (used a website for it) so it looks like the full picture. Now that they changed the way the pages work, that “app” is darker and no longer blends in with the background which is obnoxious. I hope they change this back because it helps nothing and ruins my home screen

Is there a way to remove the dark shadow on the apps name on the homescreen? iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.