Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 Not Showing Notifications

i updated my iphone 11 to ios16 and ever since i havent been receiving any kind of notifications, ive reset the settings and rebooted the phone and checked all applications and nothing worked, how do i fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 9:27 AM

Notifications are not working well after installing iOS 16. I had to remove the Whatsapp app and install it again. Now the notifications are coming through. This morning no notifications of other apps like (FaceBook) Messenger. Don't want to move all apps and to install them again. Waiting for a fix in update iOs 16.1

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 9:27 AM in response to hannah_hamedd

Notifications are not working well after installing iOS 16. I had to remove the Whatsapp app and install it again. Now the notifications are coming through. This morning no notifications of other apps like (FaceBook) Messenger. Don't want to move all apps and to install them again. Waiting for a fix in update iOs 16.1

Sep 16, 2022 11:28 AM in response to hannah_hamedd

This is driving me mad as well. I have been investigating a bit and it seems like notifications work partly when the screen is unlocked, but not while locked - although they do get through to my Garmin watch without being visible on the iphone 13. With notifications on the lock screen enabled (which I don't prefer) it might be working better., maybe.

I tried resetting all setting which did not change anything.

iOS 16 Not Showing Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.