Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code 9937 after iOS 16 update

Hi! I am trying to import photos to my Mac computer (High Sierra version 10.13.6) and it use to be no problem, until I did the iOS 16 update, and now I’m getting the image capture core error .9937

I have my transfer to Mac setting set to Automatic and I have my photos set to most compatible. I’m sure there is something I’m missing but I can’t figure it out! Would appreciate any help!! Thank you so much!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 10:45 AM

25 replies

Sep 19, 2022 10:37 PM in response to TooManyphotos80

I have the same issue. On my Imac 27 inch, Mid 2011 running High Sierra version 10.13.6 when trying to import from an iphone 13 mini running IOS 16.0 i get the 9937 error. My photos are all JPEGS or PNGs so the issue is not with the HVEC or HEIF formats. The only work around I have found is texting the photos to myself and downloading them from the messages app on my mac. This is very time consuming and not the best solution so hopefully the bug gets fixed. Happens on image capture and the Photos app

Oct 1, 2022 12:05 PM in response to TooManyphotos80

I upgraded my iPhone 11 Pro to iOS 16, and am having the "update Network Settings" and Image Capture problems when I connect via USB cable to my Mac running High Sierra. This Mac cannot do AirDrop. I can run pictures through iCloud photo sharing or text them to myself.

But my process had been to use Image Capture to copy them to the Mac for review and culling most of them before importing into Photos. Depending on the day, I may discard 90% of the photos I take. I'd rather not do that culling on my phone.

Image Capture and/or my connection through the USB cable is broken. Switching the compatibility of the images doesn't matter. It feels as though the High Sierra version of Image Capture isn't recognizing the iOS 16 iPhone.

Oct 4, 2022 3:30 AM in response to alphonsebutch

I maked a downgrade to ios 15.7 but I had must re-upgrade to ios 16.0.2 because my Apple Watch, that I also upgraded to Watch OS9, not works with ios 15.7.

The problem is that the Apple watch can't be downgraded to Watch OS8 by myself... you must to go to an Apple center

Finally I tried to import photos in Windows 10 and, incredible..., it works...

Wake up Apple!!!

Oct 10, 2022 2:10 AM in response to TooManyphotos80

Having same problem with IMAGE CAPTURE - Import error (-9937)

MAC iMac 2011 running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Never had a problem with Image Capture before, until recent iPhone update iOS 16.0.2, and now i can't download any images, or video's.

I get same Import error (-9937)

I have sort to try find reason, and solution, but none work, or are recent to this problem.

Error code 9937 after iOS 16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.