Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro 2. Gen imbalance problem

Hey there,

does someone else noticed and imbalance between the left and right AirPod pro 2. Gen?

bought mine today (I’m using airpods Pro for over 2 years now) and noticed that music is slightly louder on the left one. Had to change the balance on my iPhone from 0 to +0,03 sometimes even +0,05.

even connecting to my Apple TV, the menu sound is louder on the left one (when browsing left in the menu) and quieter on the right one, when browsing right in the menu.

firmware is up to date. The latest from today.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 8:44 AM

23 replies

Oct 23, 2022 4:31 PM in response to dnaujoks

Same for me. I bought my wife and I the pro 2’s about a month ago and we’ve been having these issues along with random disconnects from Bluetooth, whether connected to iPad or iPhone, old or new models. Tried resetting, even swapping AirPods sets among each other. I returned both sets today for refund as we were still within the window. If it’s a hardware problem I don’t want to have to deal with Apple support, and am unsure of how good the fix will be if it’s software/firmware given how long we’ve been waiting already and reading others experiences.

Oct 4, 2022 9:06 AM in response to evertjr

Exact same issues here. I had my whole unit changed on the first day I got it (23rd Oct), and even the 2nd unit also had the exact same issues. Noticed that my wife's pair has no such issues and the serial numbers on her buds start with GW/GX. My 2nd pair was GN/GN.

Within a few days, I returned it as i thought it was a batch issue. After some thought, tried to look for the batch that is close to hers based on the serial number on the box. Found one (GH), bought it and the issue didn't sound as bad as the first 2 pairs (first 2 pairs you could literally hear the singer's voice travel down to the bottom left side!) My 3rd pair the serial numbers of the buds were GX/GN.

Yes, I'm conclusion the sounds seem more balanced on both sides if ANC/Transparency modes were turned off. It was the worse in ANC mode; I had to keep re-inserting and adjusting into my ears, and even tried to equalize my ears for it to sound bearable in ANC mode. If I keep switching between the 3 modes, there's an obvious shift in the sound balance.

I'm thinking is it because I have heavier tinnitus in my right ear that is causing this issue? My wife tried my pair but she feels that both sides seemed balanced. If there's some way to turn off the auto-sound adjustment (or wondering if it's the Adaptive EQ?), I think it'll be perfect

Oct 25, 2022 10:28 AM in response to dnaujoks

I have this same issue. Changing the settings for Spatial Audio, customized SA, Transparency, etc. has no effect.

Also, when watching streaming video sometimes the audio between the two ear buds loses sync as well and they are unsynced just enough to notice and make it sound like an echo. Restarting the stream usually fixes that, but it happens again not soon after.

Oct 28, 2022 5:59 AM in response to Slamdub

Is now my 3rd pair, this one has it a little less. And IOS16.1 fixed it slightly. But in transparency mode still the sound goes from left to right, seems like a phase problem. I use tranparancy mode a lot for working at home with music on, or running. Is very disturbing! Noise cancelling same problem, both modes off, the sound is perfect. No issues.

Oct 31, 2022 2:43 AM in response to dnaujoks

think I have the same issue. The sound on my pair is a little louder on the right with spatial audio is off. Though when spatial audio is on, the soundstage sounds a lot more balance specially the vocals. Idk if this is software or should hardware

Plus while watching videos on twitter, spatial audio is turned off but the head tracking is still working. It only occurs on twitter though. You guys should try it too if you pair have this issue

Nov 2, 2022 11:34 AM in response to Danexequiel

Just got mine replaced. So far, so good as the issue hasn't happened since. Not to say that it won't, but for now it's good. They swapped both buds, but not the case. Left serial begins GX2J and right begins GN2J (you can tap the case serial number in settings and it will show left, tap again to see right, one last time to return to the case serial).

Nov 8, 2022 11:25 AM in response to dnaujoks

On my THIRD pair and all 3 had the same issue. Life’s too short to wait for this to be resolved so I put in a refund/return request. Might consider either going back to Airpod pro 1 which had absolutely no issues or the new Sony buds. I have a feeling this is affecting all pairs but most people (casual users) don’t notice.

AirPods Pro 2. Gen imbalance problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.