Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install itunes with my 2021 m1 chip macbook air

I need to unlock my iphone 7 but I forgot the password and it says connect to itunes. But i dont have Itunes on mac. And I don't know how to download itunes because when I try to it says the version of my macbook isn't compatible. But this is the m1 2021 macbook air. And I saw videos, but they all say to use sketchy links. And when I tried the apple website thing for itunes it isn't compatible. What do I do?

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 4:57 PM

The iTunes app for Macs was discontinued and replaced when macOS Catalina 10.15 was released. It cannot be installed on Macs (Intel or Apple Silicon) that are running Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

On a recent Mac, Finder is used rather than iTunes to deal with a forgotten passcode. See instructions in If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 4:57 PM in response to BookwormNerd

The iTunes app for Macs was discontinued and replaced when macOS Catalina 10.15 was released. It cannot be installed on Macs (Intel or Apple Silicon) that are running Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

On a recent Mac, Finder is used rather than iTunes to deal with a forgotten passcode. See instructions in If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

How do I install itunes with my 2021 m1 chip macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.