Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the mail application keeps glitching, and mail is attempting to send but can't

I can't seem to clear a "failure to send message" event from Mail. macOS Monterey V12.6 on Apple M1 Pro Silicon. Tried restart in Safe Mode, then back to normal login. When I disconnect from the Internet, the glitching stops, so it appears that there is an issue with the mail handler/forwarder part of the Mail app. I can get messages from mailboxes on iPhone and iPad, but not on MacBook Pro. The failure occurred on a specific message and if I can clear it from the queue that might clear the matter. Suggestions?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 4:19 PM

HamptonWatkins wrote:

I can't seem to clear a "failure to send message" event from Mail. macOS Monterey V12.6 on Apple M1 Pro Silicon. Tried restart in Safe Mode, then back to normal login. When I disconnect from the Internet, the glitching stops, so it appears that there is an issue with the mail handler/forwarder part of the Mail app. I can get messages from mailboxes on iPhone and iPad, but not on MacBook Pro. The failure occurred on a specific message and if I can clear it from the queue that might clear the matter. Suggestions?

If you can't send emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 4:19 PM in response to HamptonWatkins

HamptonWatkins wrote:

If you can't send emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

the mail application keeps glitching, and mail is attempting to send but can't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.