Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and Phillips hue

My homepod is no longer able to control lights in my home (Philips Hue) after the latest software updates. All my other devices can (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iPhone) so I have to use those instead of just using "Hey Siri" with the homepod. I've reset it but still not working just responds that it's having a problem and then I use my phone and it successfully turns on/off lights while the homepod is still thinking. Any ideas about how this may be fixed?

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 11:16 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 5, 2022 5:19 PM in response to iPhoneSayWhat?

Have a look through these setting to ensure you have Set up voice recognition on HomePod mini or HomePod. Check also your iPhone isn’t in Airplane mode or Bluetooth or wifi turned off.

Or you can also try resetting network settings on your iPhone: In Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Join wifi again after it restarts 

Oct 5, 2022 12:21 PM in response to iPhoneSayWhat?

When you say you use the other devices, is this done manually in the home app or with hey Siri on those? HomeKit is working if hey Siri works on everything else. What does HomePod say when you ask? It might say it can’t if it disconnected from wifi briefly. Try rebooting the wifi to see if that helps. Do you have any other HomeKit hubs. Apple TV or iPad?

HomePod and Phillips hue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.