Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD M1 Pro Hdmi In.

I tried everything and bought things like the adapter to get this to receive an HDMI signal. I’m convinced it cannot be done. If you know how let me know and please apple just make your next IPAD pro capable of doing so because playing consoles with this screen natively on the go would be amazing. Others would use the HDMI in capabilities for other things cause this thing would be amazing as a portable screen as a secondary use in some situations. It’s a question and a suggestion. again im convinced it cannot but if you know how please let me know.

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 6:08 AM

Your iPad does not support external video input - and cannot be used as a simple external display for HDMI, VGA or composite video sources.

An iPad can be used with a compatible Mac to extend the Mac display to the iPad using the Catalina/iPadOS Sidecar feature.

Use iPad as a second display for your Mac – Apple Support

An alternative third-party product, Duet, can be used to extend a PC or Mac display to an iPad:

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 6:08 AM in response to briar208

Your iPad does not support external video input - and cannot be used as a simple external display for HDMI, VGA or composite video sources.

An iPad can be used with a compatible Mac to extend the Mac display to the iPad using the Catalina/iPadOS Sidecar feature.

Use iPad as a second display for your Mac – Apple Support

An alternative third-party product, Duet, can be used to extend a PC or Mac display to an iPad:

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

Oct 6, 2022 7:25 AM in response to briar208

you may be able to do it wireless

Xbox Remote Play | Xbox

PS Remote Play on the App Store (apple.com)

Steam Link - Steam Link App is Now Available for iOS and Apple TV - Steam News (steampowered.com)

well some macs used to support target display mode which made them able to be used as display for other macs

but apple have remove that option a long time ago, so I would not hold my breath for them to introduce it to ipads

but as always you can suggest it to them

Feedback - iPad - Apple

IPAD M1 Pro Hdmi In.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.