Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery health shows 98%

I have problem with my iPhone 11 I’m buy this phone in 4.08.2022 and today my battery have 98 battery health what I can do warranty?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 9:49 AM

Naleczx wrote:

I have problem with my iPhone 11 I’m buy this phone in 4.08.2022 and today my battery have 98 battery health what I can do warranty?

Your battery is doing very well. On average an iPhone battery will lose about 1% of its capacity a month. Using that guideline the battery should be at 96%, and instead it’s 98%.

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles”. As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

Once the capacity drops below 80%, or if there is a message in Battery Health that the battery is not meeting peak performance expectations, it’s time to change the battery→iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates. Here's more information→About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Naleczx

Naleczx wrote:

Your battery is doing very well. On average an iPhone battery will lose about 1% of its capacity a month. Using that guideline the battery should be at 96%, and instead it’s 98%.

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles”. As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

Once the capacity drops below 80%, or if there is a message in Battery Health that the battery is not meeting peak performance expectations, it’s time to change the battery→iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates. Here's more information→About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 8, 2022 5:02 AM in response to Naleczx

all batteries begin to die the they one begin to use them one can only slow the process

the batt % on your screenshot indicate that you may not be treating your battery that well

have you read

About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later - Apple

Support

and maybe

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

and Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

people report apple does not change the batteries until they are lower than 80% in health

iPhone battery health shows 98%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.