Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove greyed out and incorrect apple ID and replace with correct one?

When I try to sign in to the apple store to download from the App Store off of my computer it has an incorrect apple ID in the place where I need to write my apple ID in this spot or erase his ID (it is greyed out also). The apple ID is that of someone who worked on my computer in the past. Therefore I can not download anything from the app store. I have tried to reset the system by telling it I have forgotten my apple ID and password, but after I go through the process and go back and click on apple store again, it is still showing me this techs apple id where I need to write in my own. Meanwhile I am not updating anything related to apple, so I need to figure this out.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 8:56 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 8:56 AM in response to sharolTi

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

How to remove greyed out and incorrect apple ID and replace with correct one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.