Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage - Practically Empty, Device Says Full

I’ve been experiencing rather interesting going-ons with this 3rd generation iPhone SE (iOS 16.0.2) recently. First, I don’t think anyone still says that iPhones are impossible to hack and they’re totally secure, do they? Despite my carrier having recently shipped me a replacement device due to the one having been someway or somehow compromised, I haven’t yet unboxed it.

Moving forward with my issue. I am receiving a message on my device notifying me storage is full and cannot complete action when I attempt to copy an ‘icloud share link’ to a :30 second video already saved in the cloud. Only 1.7GB of 5GB storage is currently being used. When I was able to copy link last night and share it via email with Spotify customer service they informed me that my video was not viewable.

What I can say is that I’m an Apple customer and I refuse to accept this device’s recent behavior as ‘the norm’.

I’d certainly appreciate any constructive feedback that the community might have to offer.

Thanks!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 3:42 PM

CampyNeighbor Said:

"iCloud Storage - Practically Empty, Device Says Full: [...]I am receiving a message on my device notifying me storage is full and cannot complete action when I attempt to copy an ‘icloud share link’ to a :30 second video already saved in the cloud. Only 1.7GB of 5GB storage is currently being used.[...]"

-------

By your wording, it seems to me, it is referring to internal storage.

Getting More Storage on an iPhone:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Internal Space...

SEE MY Two User Tips:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2022 3:42 PM in response to CampyNeighbor

CampyNeighbor Said:

"iCloud Storage - Practically Empty, Device Says Full: [...]I am receiving a message on my device notifying me storage is full and cannot complete action when I attempt to copy an ‘icloud share link’ to a :30 second video already saved in the cloud. Only 1.7GB of 5GB storage is currently being used.[...]"

-------

By your wording, it seems to me, it is referring to internal storage.

Getting More Storage on an iPhone:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Internal Space...

SEE MY Two User Tips:

iCloud Storage - Practically Empty, Device Says Full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.