Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone

Bought a new Apple phone but used my same Apple ID I use for my personal Apple phone now they both receive the same messages and calls but with t two different numbers how do I fix this, do I reset my new phone? How do I get a new Apple ID for new iphone?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 1:33 PM

If you don't want to have them be connected and get calls and messages from both numbers, then yes, you need to setup one of the with a different Apple ID.

Restore the new iPhone to factory settings: link-> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Set it up again as you did the first time, but don't use your existing Apple ID when asked. Select the "Forgot Password or don't have an Apple ID" option and follow the prompts to create a new one at that point: link-> Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also, create an Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com and use that instead when setting up the iPhone again.

More info here: link-> How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2022 1:33 PM in response to saveria194

If you don't want to have them be connected and get calls and messages from both numbers, then yes, you need to setup one of the with a different Apple ID.

Restore the new iPhone to factory settings: link-> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Set it up again as you did the first time, but don't use your existing Apple ID when asked. Select the "Forgot Password or don't have an Apple ID" option and follow the prompts to create a new one at that point: link-> Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also, create an Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com and use that instead when setting up the iPhone again.

More info here: link-> How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.